Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bookshops: West End Lane Books (London)

Where:
277 West End Lane 
West Hampstead, NW6 1QS
London, United Kingdom



When I entered West End Lane Books on my first day in London I immediately felt comfortable and wanted to sit down. There was a very kind lady reading out books to toddlers and when she discovered that it was one young boy's birthday all of them sang. I nearly forgot to look for books because it was such a nice scene to watch.



The corner with the children's books is hidden pretty well - or maybe I really am stupid. Or it was because of the people sitting in front of the books. Anyway, I did find the YA section and I was really happy: Even though there are only two shelves with young adult books it is a very good compilation and there were actually quite a few books I had never heard about (And I do spend a lot of time on Goodreads).


West End Lane Books might not be the cheapest bookstore but you can't call it expensive either. And what really convinced me: The staff is incredibly nice and funny. So if you happen  to be in London: Go check this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment