Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Welcome to Rome!


So at the moment I'm staying in Rome with a few people from my class and other people from my year as a part of an exchange program. We all got up at horrible times like half past five and had to drive to the airport, only to wait there for ages. We tried out different creams and bought incredibly expensive juice. But when we left the ground it was pretty awesome, I have to admit that. This is the first time that I am in an other country than Germany with my school, so I wasn't the only one excited about this. 
I met my hosts for the following week at the school and luckily my host was friends with my friend's host and we all went to a small fast food store to get ssuppli (that's how it is supposed to be spelled, apparently) and it was delicious. Ssuppli are made of rice, mozzarella and tomatoes. Actually, my friend and I had already eaten a bit and thought about just trying these but we got stuffed not only a little bit but I felt like I was going to burst. Seriously. 
We went to the park with all the food and sat on a bench - in Germany most of the people sitting on park benches are drunk. So anyway we sat there and ate pizza and ssuppli and watched the birds. At least I did, it's so beautiful watching the spring in Rome.
And after that we went to get more food and try out the delicious cannoli you can see in the last picture. That was about it, I'll try to write more in the post tomorrow.
By the way, sorry for the quality of the pictures, I took these with my phone.

PS: sorry for this being non-bookish but I left my laptop and everything at home so there won't be any book related posts until the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment