Sunday, December 28, 2014

Top 14 of 2014

These are the top 14 books I've read in 2014. I have to admit, I didn't read a lot in the beginning of the year. I started reading more than two-three books a month in March and started blogging about books in September (I think I was in a reading slump for.... uuuuh.... 1 1/2 years.... Maybe? I only rerererereread)
1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbovski                                                               I could take out every page, mark it 'til it's dripping wet and glue it on my wall. This is so beautiful
*review to come*
2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer                                                                                                                       I haven't read Cress yet, but I'm going to, especially since Winter and Fairest are coming out 2015.

3. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo                                                                    I love this take on Russian culture and all the characters, but I still don't understand why people put the Darkling in the villains-we-can't-but-love-category...

4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green                                                          I don't think I have to say much, since nearly everyone watched the movie and /or read the book, but it's only on number four of this list because I might have taken an overdose of The Fault In Our Stars... Too much is not good for you.

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins                                               Also one of the best contemporary novels. Isla and the Happily Ever After and Lola and the Boy Next Door were also really good, but St. Clair was just way cooler than Josh and Cricket.
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak                                                                                        It probably didn't make me cry as much as The Fault in Our Stars but it's close.
7. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken                                                      I found this in another bookstore in Montreal and asked people about it the next day in school and nobody knew it so I thought I was reading one of these super unknown indie-novels. Um, wrong?
8. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi                                                              Well, now I understand why everybody likes Warner.
9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver                                                  A really bad case of hated-it-then-loved-it. It was horrible and then wonderful. I hope someone who's good at making movies recognizes this and makes it a movie. 

*review to come*


10. Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck                                                            I still hope to go back to Montreal sometime so I can go to Indigo (the McGill-station one) and find the lady who recommended Tiger's Curse to me and hug her to death. 

*review to come)
11.The One by Kiera Cass                                                       It took this book quite long to persuade me to take it from the TBR-pile and read it because I was so scared of this trilogy coming to an end. So thank you, thank you, thank you Kiera Cass! The Heir is going to be so good! 

 12. Slammed by Colleen Hoover
I read this in one day, even though I shouldn't have done anything but packing for my vacation.
*review to come*

13. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
I love the movie to this book - Hayao Miyazaki is the best!
*review to come*
14. Alles, was ich sage ist wahr by Lisa Bjärbö
Another case of first-hate-then-love. The main character can be very... direct.
*review to come*
 This post is linked up to The Sunday Post
What are your top 14 books of 2014? Or - to keep it comment-size - top three?
(pictures from: Goodreads)

10 comments:

  1. Great list!! I really loved Slammed and Anna and The French Kiss, and Howl is one of my all time favorite stories/anime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Howl's Moving Castle is great^^

      Delete
  2. I so love Cinder and I have Shadow and Bone but haven't read it. Is it good? :) Happy New Year babe ♥

    WeeklyWrap@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shadow and Bone is really good! I think I'm going to review it soon. It's very russian and kind of dark but in a very beautiful way.
      Happy New Year to you to ♥

      Delete
  3. Fantastic list! I love Cinder, Howl's Moving Castle and Shadow & Bone! All on my favorites list. Unravel Me was really good, have you read the novellas? Slammed had me in near tears and Fault in Our Stars came close. I think the Darkling has appeal because while he is a bad guy, he's charming...it's not the best reasons to like a villain but it does make it easy to get a bit clouded in morality. Plus the more Mal opened his mouth in the second one the more I liked the Darkling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nononononooooooooo! Please tell me that Mal and Alina are not going to be "the fighting couple" in Siege and Storm!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Ah, Howl's Moving Castle! Yes! It was one of my favorite reads of the year too, though I actually haven't seen the movie!

    And yes, Warner...need I say more?

    Lovely list! I hope you have an awesome reading year in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movie is really good, you should see it :D But be warned: It's not like the book....

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed your one-liner comments, especially about Unravel Me. Warner-fanatic *points to self* Happy reading in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Happy reading to you too :)

      Delete