Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Were Hard For Me to Read

(Yes, Top Ten Tuesday on Thursday)
I thought I should participate in this because a) everyone is and b) I wanted to for a very long time. So here it comes.
And by the way, if you don't know this meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish you should go check it out here.

(picture)

1. Books that just weren't my type of book:


  1. The Revenant (my review ) by Elise Abram: Just wasn't my type of book. Way too much zombies and dead stuff and blood. But I guess that's mostly my own fault.
  2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: It took me quite a while to get through this - not because it's bad - no, it's actually a great book, so in the end I loved it. I also have to admit it was my very first classic and I guess it always takes a bit to get used to the language.
  3. Im Westen Nichts Neues (All Quiet on the West) by Erich Maria Remarque: I'm currently reading this for school and I should have finished it by now but I can only take a small dose of innards per day. 

2. Someone spoiled these books for me

  1. Insurgent by Veronica Roth: I don't think I really have to explain this. A friend spoiled the whole series. I don't like Tobias, by the way.
  2. Tiger's Voyage by Colleen Houck: I guess I spoiled this for myself. My own fault. It was still incredibly annoying and I didn't like where the story went.
  3. Looking for Alaska by John Green: Again I spoiled it for myself. But it's pretty obvious if you've read the description...

3. $+***#* main character

  1. Leander sieht Maud by Nadia Marfaing: Could he think about something other than Maud and how he will have sex with her someday. UGH.
  2. Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon: Stupid throughout the whole book. Really didn't like the ending. 
  3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver: After two weeks of trying to read it I kind of gave up, but then I watched a video by ABookUtopia in which she said she always reads until the 100th page and then decided to continue or not. So I did and it became awesome on page 92 or something. But Sam was a total a****le throughout at least half of the book. Annoying.
  4. Blutsverdacht (German) by Marie-Aude Murail: Just didn't like her. No special reasons or anything.

I hope you enjoyed this and if you did (or didn't) tell me in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment