Saturday, September 13, 2014

THE FIRST BOOKHAUL

Well, at least the first one on this blog.




  1. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys: I'm so excited to read this and I love, love, love the German title - "Und in mir der unbesiegbare Sommer". Literally translated this means "And in Me the Invincible Summer". Doesn't sound as cool and poetic in English as it does in German.
  2. Let it Snow by John Green: A book with three short-stories by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. I don't really know what it's about - It's John Green. I would even read his grocery lists! (The cover of my edition is soo shiny!)
  3. The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer: I heard about it on Peruse Project's Channel and after that I immediately wanted to buy and read it (So much to "immediately" - The video was out in June and I bought it on Tuesday at Buchbox. This Tuesday. Not some Tuesday in June or July..)
  4. Leander sieht Maud by Nadia Marfaing: This book is unknown. Really. I had to add it on Goodreads - By the way, it was the first book I ever added to Goodreads! A big, big 'Yaaaaaay!'. So now there are two editions of this book on Goodreads: The German one and the French. I already started reading it in the bookshop and it's.. I don't know, but I'd describe the way it's written as honest. I can't think of something else.
  5. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison:My mother got me this book as a late birthday present. 
  6. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston: I started reading this at the Indigo store in Montreal and often thought about buying it but it always happened to be an other book I bought.  
  7. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews: Read the first three pages. This. Is. Going. To. Be. AWESOME!
  8. Ketchuprote Wolken/ Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher: I found this book in a second-hand/antique-bookshop in Prenzlauerberg. I have to go there again and make some photos - It looks so wonderful with these thousands of books.
  9. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins: It came out about a month ago.
  10. Lola and the Boy next Door by Stephanie Perkins: Second book in the "Anna and the French Kiss"-series.
  11. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Everybody is talking about this trilogy - I want to read it right now.
  12. Where She Went by Gayle Forman: I think this title is kind of spoiling the end of the first book..
  13. If I Stay by Gayle Forman: I don't think I'm going to read it before watching the movie...

There's another bookshop-post coming soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment