Friday, September 26, 2014

Juist






Summer holidays are already five weeks ago, but luckily we only have to wait three weeks until there is fall vacation. I went to Juist with my grandparents and we got up quite early and took the car and drove to the north sea for a few hours (I read Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side in the car and I quite liked it. Tell me in the comments if you want me to review this book) which was good because I really like sitting in a car and reading// listening to music// playing on my nintendo (Who doens't like to play Mario Bros?) for hours. Especially in the dark. So anyway, we arrived at the North Sea and had to wait for a few hours to take the ferry to Juist, which only goes once or twice a day because of the tides. We arrived there and the first thing I noticed was:

  • a lot of German people
  • and a few Polish
  • mostly families
  • a lot of people my age
  • with friends
  • I appeared to be the only one not having siblings or friends my age to talk to.
Well, shit. But the good thing was, I actually had eight friends with me. Named:

  1. Jessica's Guide to Dating the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
  2. Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
  3. The Witches by Roald Dahl
  4. Betrayed by P. C. Cast
  5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
  6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  7. Numbers by Rachel Ward
  8. My lovely camera.
So we did a few tours on the island (It's so small!!!) with the bike and I had a lot of fun but I was really mad at myself for not taking my longboard with me. Could have been useful. Really. But no, leave it in the car, you're not gonna need it! Aaargh!
And to make it even better: I had a cold. So no swimming for me. The waves were too high anyway. It was more like standing in the water and having the waves crush against you and trying not to fall. (Not a big fan of salt water.)

Hope you enjoyed this post, next time there's going to be another book review.

1 comment: